Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Crunchy Runs: Overseas style

Just a shortie blog today...

It's fall all over the place and that means a few things: warm sweaters, no more short skirts, drinking coffee at the temperature it was created to be drank at, and crunchy runs (i.e. running outdoors on fall leaves). Last week I joined a running group and so far they do not fail to kick my butt every Tuesday and Thursday from 7pm to 8, 8:30, 9pm. I figure the days in between I am allowed to explore and go on fun runs until I find a job that can pay me for my time and ambition.

So after dropping off NHS applications and applying for as many applicable jobs that I could find, I got out of the flat and went to discover unknown lands (well, unknown to me). Towards the end I started to scare myself a little. It was getting dark and I did not really know where I was while meanering through some farmer's fields. Thoughts of making a desperate phone call started to creap up but it turned out I was just down the road from our flat and all was well. But that would have been quite a story. Lost in the UK less than 4 blocks from home, HA. There you have it: I had a wonderful crunchy run alone in Northern UK this afternoon. If you ever get to Harrogate I reccomend doing it.

(No offense NYC but I'll take this body of water over the East River or the Jackie O. resivoir anyday.)


(This was actually at the beginning of my run and out of chronological order. I put it in because I am trying to figure out what the bird on the left is doing. A back flip? Possibly a mid-air back-stroke?)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your crunchy runs sound fabulous! I miss running but it's still dark in the morning before the kids are up and then dark again after they're in bed. It's been super cold here too so I feel guilty throwing them in the jogging stroller. Looking forward to daylight savings time so I can run in the sun (or at least the dawn) again. xo