Thursday, January 21, 2010

But When You Worry You Make It Double


That's right... I'm worried. I'd have to say I'm usually a worrier. I like it when life is easy and calm so when there is something to worry about (no matter how small or ridiculous), I worry. But according to Bobby McFerrin, "when you worry you make it double." So... I'm trying not to worry.

What am I worried about you ask? Well here it is plain and simple. I really really really want this job. I am pretty sure the interview went well but then there is the waiting period after the interview before they notify me. Now I'm worried. I guess I might not be as worried if I hadn't been excited before about a job right before Christmas and then the whole thing just fizzled out like a One-Hit-Wonder's career.

I should know today or tomorrow but the suspense is killing me. I just want my phone to ring and know either way.

So I'm sitting here trying to enjoy a lovely sunny day but I'm worried. I guess there is technically no trouble or reason to worry because at this point I have no control over the situation. So I'm going to try not to make this double and be happy.

After all, I am pretty happy for several reasons:
1) It's sunny out.
2) Running club is tonight and there will be drinks afterward.
3) I'm learning new things every day.
4) My natural hair color is coming in and I kind of like the little gray hairs that showed up in the bunch.
5) I am living in a totally new country.
6) I got to sleep in as long as I wanted today (unfortunately I couldn't sleep past 8:40am because I had a good dream that I got the job and missed the call).
7) My dreams are much better and more vivid since I've moved.
8) Leftovers for lunch was homemade pizza.
9) I don't pay rent.
10) I'm wearing the coziest sheepskin slippers right now.
11) It's sunny out!!!!!
12) Eventually, I will learn to drive stick on the wrong side of the car/road. Maybe we can practice this weekend.
13) The sun is shining through the window and our palm tree's shadow is dancing across the darkened television screen.
14) I love our new furniture we got from the auction a few weeks ago. It's so cozy.
15) I'm healthy.

(My sheepskin slippers: They are soooooooo comfy and warm)

Okay so that cheered me up a bit but I'm still a little worried. I'll just keep reminding myself "whatever it is it will pass..." and "don't worry, be happy."

No comments: