Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Phase II: Happy/Sad

Okay so I've moved on to the next 'phase' of ending school.

I'd have to say this phase is very conflicting and annoying and I hope it passes in a day just like "forgetting something" did. I woke up really really tired today and I went to bed early compared to what I usually do. I had charlie horse cramps all night and bizarre dreams that had nothing to do with school or work and I don't remember them now but I didn't like them much.

I think I actually picked my outfit to match my mood. Red & Gray = Happy & Sad. I wanted to wear bright colors today since it's been sooooo gloomy outside this week (rain rain rain). But then I realized my office is like an icebox in Antarctica and so that I didn't have to huddle next to my G5 tower for warmth all day, I put a long sleeved gray "cardigan/robe-like thing over the top." It's usually my favorite cover-up cuz it feels like going to work in PJs but I always get a million compliments on it. However, today I just feel dopey.

(a peek at today's outift with the bland office floor backdrop. Oh and I forgot to mention I even pulled out the flower shoes, I really wanted to be happy today, I'm covered in flowers and butterflies that aren't doing the trick)

After a rather irritating morning meeting, I decided to try to fix my mood. I kept looking at my sad chipping nails thinking... I want to fix these, they look bad. So I decided to be a complete risk taker and actually leave the office to venture into the outside world during lunch to get my nails done. It's really something I've never done so I thought the excitement of actually taking a half-hour lunch would put me straight. Nope... But I do have some really hot nails now. I went for the hottest color thinking it would perk me right up. Don't get me wrong I love them!!! But it didn't do the trick and I think I'll need to take more drastic measures to move on to Phase III, whatever that will be.

(My nails in OPI My Chihuahua Bites. I don't have a dog but my cat does bite)

1 comment:

sarah said...

That is the most awesome name for a nail polish ever. I wish my job could just involve creating oddball names for nail polishes.

I hope another... better... phase comes along soon.

xo