Monday, May 10, 2010

What's for dinner? Detox Dinner: Night 1

Eric went out of town and I decided it was time for a detox. Not that I'm a drug addict or anything but I have been known to hit the bottle over the past few (cold) months.

Anyway I'm going substance free for a week and maybe more. No Alcohol, no caffine, no wheat, no dairy, no added sugars, no added salt or sodium and no processed foods. Let's see if I can keep up the nightly posts of "what's for dinner?". However, knowing me, I will probably stick with the same meal every night this week until I run out and have to buy more un-processed food.

Tonight's Special:

Steamed chicken breast and vegetables seasoned with tyme, pepper and lemon and lightly dusted with olive oil. Served over a bed of watercress and avocado with a side of Quinoa. Finished off with a topping of salad cress for colour and crunch!

ps. It's actually really yummy!

No comments: