Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What's for dinner? Detox Night 3

Since I added the creative element of blogging to my detox, I'm more excited about having a meal that is free of wheat, dairy, added sugar and added sodium. I suppose the rice noodles constitute as processed but everything else is fresh or frozen from fresh.

I've gotten a little creative with tonight's dinner. It was either go shopping for something new or have steamed chicken and some sort of veg again. Blah!

Also, I just got my super awesome discount card for work and was itching to get my 10% discount. So after work I zipped over to the local Asda and got some scallops, fresh herbs and some cheap tights.

I wanted a soup tonight but realised that soup is super bland without salt. To counter that I've added some spice and used very flavourful herbs, and vegetables.

Tonight's Dinner:
Scallop and Rice Noodle Stew:
I lightly pan fried scallops, scallions and garlic with a spritz of olive oil. Once the garlic turned brown I added enough water to make a soup. Then I chopped red chillies for a spice and parsnips for flavor. I'm addicted to these tiny baby mushrooms, so I threw in a handful of those as well and then gave the soup a squirt of lemon. Finally the rice noodles went in just before the soup was finished.

Bonus: Eric's out of town and since we only have 1 set of chopsticks I got to use them (it's my fault we only have one set, I lost one under our porch).

Tonight I was craving a bit more. I'm jones-ing a bit for sweets so I made a detox dessert.

Passion fruit and chilled blueberries with mint.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Looks good.

I have a mini-kitchen in my hotel room, but I've been relying on candy and chips; I keep telling myself I'm going to go out and eat some pizza (Naples is the birthplace of pizza, after all), but Naples is also a ghetto and my hotel is right next to the airport. Perhaps the airport has a Sbarros...