Saturday, March 28, 2009

LEARNING CHINESE

I like this equation stuff so I'm going to do it again. Add a Grad Student to No Time and multiply it by Several Late Nights then divide that by TONS of Homework and add an empty fridge. What do you get?

Correct, Chinese take out.

So, it's late, I have a ton of homework and I'm hungry and have nothing in the fridge so I ordered dinner. I really like this one place Fatima's (which I'm not so sure is a very chinesey name) they have healthier choices like brown rice, and steamed veggies verses the usual grease laden MSG stuff you get elsewhere.

Anyway, I got my order and they included two fortune cookies. I guess I ordered enough food for two people? I mean no I didn't order much food, I'm a girl and girls don't eat enough for two people. duh.

Regardless, I got two cookies and Fatima's never includes fortune cookies. I thought it was a brand thing that went with their name (the name is not really chinesey so they've got no fortune cookies). But tonight was different and I was stoked when I got two fortune cookies!

I picked one to crack open after lightly scarfing down some steamed shrimp and veggies and this is what it said:

"It is a silly fish that is caught
twice with the same bait."

I know these things are designed to speak to anyone and everyone, but it had good timing for me and Fatima's doesn't do fortune cookies normally. Hmmm, now I kinda want to know what the other one says but I'm too full.

So anyway, It's a good reminder and I'm now determined more than ever to never get caught with the same bait twice. I think this is a good one to go into my wallet for the time being. I will keep the little reminder to stay a smart fishy fishy.

Lucky Numbers: 28, 5, 20, 44, 6, 54


1 comment:

sarah said...

Awesome photo. And your first lucky number is my birthday. Hmmm....