Sunday, March 8, 2009

New York! New York?

The lyrics go... "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere."

Well, I've melted my little-town blues & made my brand new start. Now where do I go? Do I stay? Or do I move on? And if I move, to where?

I don't really know the answer to these questions yet. I don't really NEED to decide but it's been on my mind lately. A lot actually.

I miss the color green, I miss vegetation, I miss people who don't want to knock down anyone in their way (granted I'm probably one of those people now).

I'm closing another chapter of my life in a few months and I'm the type of person who likes to just get up and do something. I like spontaneity, adventure and excitement. I wouldn't say I'm bored of NYC... that's really not something you can ever say about the "City That Never Sleeps." But I'm wondering if I need to try something different for a while.

Just a few Dusty pics of me in NY for my very first summer at 21-years-old. (really dusty).

3 comments:

sarah said...

The part of me that wants to 'set you free' says, "Go have an adventure!" and the selfish part of me says, "Stay here!"

katefischer said...

Well, either way I'm not going to stop visiting and talking to you. So, if I go have an adventure... you can visit. :-)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be so brave ... I'm born and raised, pure un-cut NY'er and I've been a bit frustrated w/ my city of late and want to branch out and try another city on for size but it's like that relationship people sometimes finds themselves in: where they know they're right for each other, but really need to go explore and sow their wild oats before making it an official statement ...

Did I just compare NYC to a slightly dysfunctional relationship w/ a man? Christ I need help ...

Oh well, good luck in whatever you do ... I look forward to following your blogged journey ...
-Nydia