Wednesday, March 25, 2009

To grow a beautiful garden, you gotta have the best poo.


So yeah, now that I've got my robot tooth--or half of it--it's time to look at the bright side of life (and begin my plot to take over the world). Because well, I'm a total optimist and looking at the pluses is much more fun than dwelling in the poo that someone left on your doorstep.

I was a bit miffed by that last post on here, but I'm thinking about it and I'd like to think that crap this deep should at least sprout a few beautiful sunny flowers. I've come up with a few realizations that came from a bad situation that make me very happy.

In no particular order (so they're all really important and make me equally happy).
  • Life is important and can escape us at any moment.
  • I will never fight over petty insignificant things because it's not worth my time or energy.
  • I have the best, most wonderful friends ever! They have always been there for me even when I didn't listen to them. They stood by me and I know how powerful and wonderful true friendship is. I cherish that.
  • I established a strong new relationship with my Daddy. :-)
  • Mom always knows! She just does.
  • Mom has become a confidant and one of my best friends.
  • The sun WILL come out tomorrow, and it will be beautiful.
  • Only good can come from good. So I do my best to be good.
  • I have this smart Kate inside me that I've been ignoring, I will listen to that smart Kate a little more closely now.
  • I gained the courage to run a marathon... and I love it! (anyone can do it, just try)
  • I tried on stuffy clothes ... and they're still stuffy. Ew!
  • I CAN travel anywhere, DO anything, and BE whomever I want to be.
  • I've tried really really really expensive wine ($$$$$) and I still don't see the difference.
  • My strength is pretty up there. Not necessarily my "flexed arm hang" strength, but my strength to deal with the hard stuff in life.
  • I'll be prepared, one day, when a loved one really does have cancer.
  • I've learned how to hail a cab and get them to take me to Queens even if they complain.
  • My values stand true and no amount of money can buy my heart. Love has nothing to do with money.
  • Little things make all the difference.
  • My cat is a great judge of character. Obey the cat.
  • My creativity is valuable and I just need to learn to funnel that value to my bank account. ;-)
  • I'm a creative and different but I'm just made this way. I call it unique and I was never intended to be a doctor, lawyer or accountant. I was meant to be 100% Kate following her imagination through life (and it's way fun).
  • I AM special.
okay, that' s enough. I'm getting myself teary eyed. Ew! So I guess I did learn a lot and there are a few beautiful flowers in this bunch. Yay! I just proved that even the crap in life is beautiful, it just depends on how you look at it.

1 comment:

Lily and Logan said...

This post made me smile, laugh and get a little teary eyed too. Life is too short to see the glass half empty. xo